Background

Monday, July 15, 2013

June 2013

For our anniversary this year, Lonnie and I decided to take a trip to NYC.  ALL BY OURSELVES.  FOR A WHOLE WEEK.  WITH NO CHILDREN.  ALONE. 
First, I have to say, what awesome family we have to watch our children for a whole week.  Amazing!!!  Thank you Mom, Dad, Curt, and Rachel!!!
New York City was quite an experience.  Mostly incredible, a little gross and overwhelming.  You can imagine.  Here is a brief look at our adventures:
 
 
Times Square...simply phenomenal.  
 







The NBC Studios Experience.  Oh, how I loved this store.  Their whole store was covered in paraphernalia from all the coolest NBC shows.  All the best quotes from the best shows, ON T-SHIRTS.  Plus cardboard cutouts of lots of famous people, among many, many other cool things.  We even got to take a tour of the Saturday Night Live studio and the TODAY Show studio.  I touched the desk where the news anchors sit everyday!!!  Amazing how small the whole studio was.  It looks so big on TV.



On top of the Empire State Building.  I was really hoping Tom Hanks or Meg Ryan would come around the corner while we were up there.




Taking a double decker tour bus around the city...






This was on a night tour of the city, which happened to be the same night of the Tony Awards.  This is from Times Square where they were showing the awards show for everyone without tickets.  :)

At the New York Public Library...

September 11th Memorial...


Top of the Rock...




While on vacation, I switched back and forth between taking pictures on my camera and taking pictures on my phone.  The highlight of the trip for me was going to the Today Show, and actually meeting Matt Lauer, Al Roker, and Savannah Guthrie.  Of course, all of those pictures are on my phone!  I'll have to upload all those pictures and get them on here sometime.
WONDERFUL VACATION with the love of my life.  Happy 9 years of marriage!!!

After vacation, we had my BABY'S preschool graduation.  Tear...
Ethan HATES attention on himself and was greatly disturbed that he had to stand up on stage with 75 people staring at him.  I think it was his worst nightmare.  He pretty much stared at the wall to avoid the eyeballs looking at him.  Can't blame him...I'm not that different from him.



 Later in the ceremony, they left the stage then came back dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grew up.  There were lots of doctors, firefighters, and police officers.  But Ethan??  An architect.  Only one in the bunch.  The way he loves to build and construct, I'd say he just may be an architect one day!  His little 'costume' was so sweet.  Blue prints, a clip on tie, and a speed square.



He sure did perk up when he started getting congratulatory cards with money inside!!!!  The Legos he could buy with it started dancing in his head...





And a few misc. June pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment